Skip to content

General

General

Categories

28 results found

1. As stated please make the password field optional. You don't always know your password, or the website may not have a password and hence email and other information is sufficient.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Yesterday's update and now I can't get into the safe. iPhone 5s with iOS 8.4.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like pwSafe to have a Keep password history as a pwSafe -> Preferences... default option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Jorge Vasquez responded

Hi. This can’t be a global preference, as the settings is saved per-entry and per-safe. You can set the safe-wide preference though. See the safe settings.

4. Please include notes with the source code download so that users can build the app from source. What environment and tools are used, etc?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Building from source requires you to have a paid developer account with Apple. Moreover, even if you set everything up correctly, iCloud wouldn’t work, because the pwSafe iCloud container is tied to App77’s account. Finally, we don’t open source art-work and other secondary resource files, as these are not security-related, meaning you would have to provide your own images to be able to properly build the app.

Our intent when open-sourcing the app is to allow for security-audits. I understand there’s a trust issue involved, but, when you have more than 100K users, breaching that trust would ultimately lead to a much greater cost on us than on any individual user — civil and criminal legal actions on 100+ countries, for starters.

Regards,

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there’s no undo, this would make it impossible to give up on changing an entry.

6. add account number field as I have many many records that have account number associated that I have been placing in the notes field

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not a huge deal but might be nice to have a Phone number field for the record so you could touch to dial call

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know it's advisable to have passwords and don't need the lecture ;) However, there are "some" situations where a password is blank. In my case, I have to maintain several printers. They all have the same user name, different ip addresses, and none have passwords. I'd like to track the ip addresses in psSafe, but can't since they don't have passwords. Sure I could add passwords, and pass them on to other techs, but I'd rather have software work my way than change how I work to be able to use the software.

Another example might be when we're…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, empty passwords are not supported by the underlying file format we use, which is the Password Safe v3 file format. This format requires the password field to be non-empty. Allowing empty passwords would cause trouble for other apps sharing the same file format as pwSafe.

9. I used to be able to use the app to store security tokens that didn't fit neatly into a simple username/password pair. This functionality has been lost in the latest version.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As much as we would love to do so, that’s against the file format specification. It depends on the password field to implement some obscure features like entry “aliases”, so it can’t be left blank.

At this time, all you can do is enter some bogus value to the password field.

If we were to allow it, Password Safe for Windows would complain and fill the password field whenever you would open the safe.

10. It would be great to also support image files. Because of their data size, it would be sufficient that they are only black and white or greyscale. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, adding images would break compatibility with Password Safe (passwordsafe.sourceforge.net) file format, alienating the users of various apps for many different platforms which use this file format.

11. add the feature, to Open a Website with both: username and password

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If were say take photo of rewards card (front & back) within you wallet.
    The front of card would appear as an icon with user name. Once click for more details you would then be able see front and back photos side by side (at the top) with username, card no etc below... Maybe have the option for user defined fields too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, adding images would break compatibility with Password Safe (passwordsafe.sourceforge.net) file format, alienating the users of various apps for many different platforms which use this file format.

13. Make the field names editable so we can customize it to better fit what we're saving.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s not possible right now because of limitations of the Password Safe file format. If we were do do this, we would loose compatibility with the aforementioned application and others which use the same file format. I’m sorry.

14. I dont have the option on my ipad 2 wifi to sync icloud. Why not? Icloud is not dependend from 3g.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s probably a provisioning profile from your company which disabled Documents & Data option on iCloud settings. That or the Documents & Data option is not enabled.

pwSafe makes no restrictions regarding iCloud usage on wi-fi only devices.

15. Yes, keep this app simple but with the ability to add customizable fields and to hide unused fields, then many more types of data can be managed; such as medications, notes, bank accounts & routing numbers, etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, adding custom fields would break compatibility with Password Safe (passwordsafe.sourceforge.net) file format, alienating the users of various apps for many different platforms which use this file format.

16. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, having different templates would break compatibility with Password Safe (passwordsafe.sourceforge.net) file format, alienating the users of various apps for many different platforms which use this file format.

17. I coud set the Sync to "never" I suppose but what I really would like is a "open Dropbox safe in read only by default" mode

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you inadvertently make a change, you can recover the previous version on Dropbox website.

18. I saw many app that supports iCloud has an button inside the app for iCloud manual sync. Just like the buttons in contacts in iPhone in the top left while using iCloud contacts in iPhone. It will help in easy sync..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since safes are really small files (typically well bellow 100K), pwSafe automatically syncs them to your device when they become available on iCloud (i.e. when they changed in other devices). Because of that, there is no need to manually start the download.

19. Option to customise fields will make it more easy to store more data... Option to add or delete fields will be easy to store..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, this is not feasible. Implementing this popular request would break compatibility with Password Safe for the PC and Mac, which is a fundamental characteristic of this app.

20. We want 512 bit encryption instead of the current 256 bit. Your compeditors are already using 512 bit AES encryption for their password safe apps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Anders,

that’s actually a interesting request, because it contains a common misconception caused by misunderstanding of cryptography fundamentals by such manufacturers. Let me explain:

1) Provided you use a sufficient large key (128 bits is large enough) you can’t break an encryption algorithm by brute-forcing it. Unless quantum computers become practical, there’s not enough energy in the entire solar system to try all combinations.

2) There is no such thing as 512-bit AES. AES comes in 3 flavors, 128, 198 and 256 bits. As strange as it may look, 128-bit AES is actually considered safer than the other two, due to advances that have been found by scientists trying to break it.

3) After the 128-bits threshold, adding bits to a cryptography algorithm doesn’t necessarily make it safer. Take AES example above, Bruce Schneier, a famous cryptography scientist, recently wrote: “And for new applications I suggest that people…

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?